Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I woke up today and there was snow on the ground! Since I am from South Carolina...it is just unheard of having snow on Thanksgiving (or even Christmas for that matter).  It is starting to get below freezing here, and colder and colder everyday.
To my family and friends:  I really miss you guys today, and I am just so thankful to have all of you in my life.  I definitely take having y'all in my life for granted. 
 On a happier note...it is Turkey Day!!! To my family and I am sure many others, this means that the holiday season has officially begun.  Christmas trees will be popping up in windows, and lights will be hung.  Harbison Blvd will be even more of a headache, and Columbiana Mall...well, let me just say, be careful (hopefully you make it out of the parking lot)...there are some ruthless shoppers out there that will take you out over even the smallest of sales. ( I know this from experience!)

They don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here in Germany, but they definitely know what they are doing when it comes to Christmas.  Already I have seen many interesting decorations and markets.  I will get some pictures uploaded as soon as I remember to take my camera downtown.  It really is unbelievable how they have transformed the city. 

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Turkey Day!!!
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment