Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Berlin Wonderland!

Hello All!  Yesterday Zach and I went to Berlin! It was awesome.  We started our trip around 10am, and got to the heart of the city around 1.  The drive wasn't too bad, but we have had some snow the past few days, so it was just a little slushy on the Autobahn.  When we arrived to Berlin, we went straight to the East Side Gallery.  The canvas for the murals at the East Side Gallery is the actual Berlin Wall! So, that's a check by "Visit the Berlin Wall" on my "bucket list" :)
We parked and got out of the car...it was freezing cold and windy, btw.  There were so many interesting murals, and a wide range of different styles.  Below I have included some of the pictures I took while we were there.


 After we visited the wall, we went to Alexanderplatz and checked out some of the Christmas Markets in the area.


 After wandering around Alexanderplatz we took a cab to the Brandenburg Gate.  We went at night, and the gate was light up beautifully.  There was also a huge Christmas tree at the gate.  Around that area were all of the International Embassies.  I have to say when I saw the American Flag on the American Embassy it made me proud to be from America :)

So far Berlin is my favorite city in Germany.  It is full of culture and the city itself is so neat to see.  Thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed!
-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment